Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Solstice



            My yoga teacher reminds us this is an auspicious time for change and renewal. We can discard, drown, (and divorce?) that which no longer serves us. Recovery is a rocky process and sometime progress is hard to measure. Not today. Lauren spent a night out with a friend for the first time since she came home 3-months ago. “I ate so much cheesy food. I’m so proud of myself!” This was followed by cinnamon rolls and chai for breakfast, and then a walk to the Farmers’ Market. She expresses her excitement at feeling “normal” and “happy!” I take a deep breath in recognition of her progress. I feel gratitude for the new season. The days are getting longer and brighter. Daffodils are blooming. Change is all around.

            No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb           

No comments:

Post a Comment